CANADA STOCKS-Toronto stocks open higher in short session
TORONTO, Dec 24 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened higher in an abbreviated session on Tuesday, with mining and energy stocks the strongest performers in early trading. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 35.65 points, or 0.27 percent, at 13,483.35 shortly after the open. The Toronto exchange will close at 1 p.m. (1800 GMT), and will stay closed on Wednesday and Thursday for the Christmas and Boxing Day holidays.
- Rebellious Nevada rancher's slavery remarks dim Republican support
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Search for missing Malaysian jet may take years: U.S. official
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- New report calls U.S. a 'rising star' of global manufacturing