US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St ends slightly higher in short session
NEW YORK Dec 24 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks posted modest gains on Tuesday as investors exercised restraint from making big bets ahead of the Christmas Day holiday, with the Dow and S&P 500 once again setting record highs.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 63.32 points, or 0.39 percent, at 16,357.93. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 5.25 points, or 0.29 percent, at 1,833.24. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 6.51 points, or 0.16 percent, at 4,155.42.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote on union with Russia as troops build up rapidly |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane