US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St ends slightly higher in short session
NEW YORK Dec 24 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks posted modest gains on Tuesday as investors exercised restraint from making big bets ahead of the Christmas Day holiday, with the Dow and S&P 500 once again setting record highs.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 63.32 points, or 0.39 percent, at 16,357.93. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 5.25 points, or 0.29 percent, at 1,833.24. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 6.51 points, or 0.16 percent, at 4,155.42.
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine; China seizes ship
- South Korea president says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Australia sees 'regroup' on Malaysian plane search in a few days |
- At Mt. Gox bitcoin hub, 'geek' CEO sought both control and escape