Belarus picks Russian Sberbank, VTB to organise $800 mln Eurobond
MINSK Dec 26 (Reuters) - Belarus' Finance Ministry said on Thursday it has picked Russian banks Sberbank and VTB Bank to organise an $800 million Eurobond placement.
"We expect that we might tap the market either by the end of the first half of 2014, maybe in May, or in the second half," Vladimir Amarin, deputy finance minister, said.
Minsk has said that it plans up to $2 billion in foreign borrowing in 2014, including $700-$800 million worth of Eurobonds. (Reporting by Andrey Makhovsky; Writing in Moscow by Lidia Kelly)
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills two, more missing
- EU moves towards travel bans, asset freezes for Russians |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia