Egypt's Suez Canal November revenue up 8.5 pct year on year
CAIRO Dec 26 (Reuters) - Revenue from Egypt's Suez Canal rose 8.5 percent in November from a year earlier to $442.4 million, Egypt's state information portal said on Thursday.
October revenues were $466 million. Revenues in November 2012 were $407.7 million.
The waterway is one of the country's main sources of foreign currency, along with tourism, oil and gas exports and remittances from Egyptians living abroad.
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean: U.S. |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Tire blows out on passenger jet taking off at Philadelphia airport
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |