US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St rises; Dow at record high for 6th day
NEW YORK Dec 26 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks advanced on Thursday, with the Dow ending at a record high for the sixth straight day, although trading was light following the Christmas holiday.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 122.33 points, or 0.75 percent, to end unofficially at 16,479.88. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index gained 8.70 points, or 0.47 percent, to finish unofficially at 1,842.02. The Nasdaq Composite Index added 11.76 points, or 0.28 percent, to close unofficially at 4,167.18.
The S&P 500 also ended at an all-time closing high.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |