One killed in Cairo clash: Interior Ministry
CAIRO (Reuters) - One person was killed on Thursday when student supporters of the Muslim Brotherhood clashed with residents of a Cairo district where they were protesting, the Interior Ministry said in a statement.
It said the police fired teargas after the Al-Azhar University students clashed with residents in the Nasr City district of northeast Cairo. "Clashes occurred between them and the residents, during which birdshot gunfire was exchanged," the statement said.
After the clashes finished, the students took away one of those wounded, whom it later emerged had died.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend |