Hyundai Motor names powertrain head as new R&D president
SEOUL Dec 27 (Reuters) - South Korea's Hyundai Motor Co and affiliate Kia Motors Corp on Friday named powertrain head Kim Hae-jin as new president of their joint research and development division, replacing Kwon Moon-shik who had resigned over quality issues.
Kim will report to the R&D division's vice chairman, Yang Woong-chul.
Kim's predecessor Kwon resigned last month after a year in the position to take responsibility for a series of quality issues, Hyundai said in a statement. (Reporting by Hyunjoo Jin; Editing by Christopher Cushing)
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- U.S. health experts in Dallas review potential Ebola exposure |
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border
- Hong Kong's embattled leader believes protests could last weeks-source |