Volcano erupts in eastern El Salvador
SAN SALVADOR (Reuters) - The Chaparrastique volcano in eastern El Salvador erupted on Sunday, environment officials said, belching a column of ash high into the air.
There were no immediate reports of injuries in the San Miguel region, where the volcano is located and that is known for its coffee production.
(Reporting by Hugo Sanchez; Editing by Eric Beech)
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- U.S. economy back on track with strong second-quarter rebound |
- Argentina fails to reach debt agreement, default looms
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’