Volcano erupts in eastern El Salvador
SAN SALVADOR (Reuters) - The Chaparrastique volcano in eastern El Salvador erupted on Sunday, environment officials said, belching a column of ash high into the air.
There were no immediate reports of injuries in the San Miguel region, where the volcano is located and that is known for its coffee production.
(Reporting by Hugo Sanchez; Editing by Eric Beech)
- UK's Cameron shifts tack on constitutional shake-up to mollify Scots
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |
- Selling Mitch McConnell: What's love got to do with it?