Volcano erupts in eastern El Salvador
SAN SALVADOR (Reuters) - The Chaparrastique volcano in eastern El Salvador erupted on Sunday, environment officials said, belching a column of ash high into the air.
There were no immediate reports of injuries in the San Miguel region, where the volcano is located and that is known for its coffee production.
(Reporting by Hugo Sanchez; Editing by Eric Beech)
- Malaysia jet sent 'pings' after going missing, sources say |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Rescuers search site of NY building collapse; seven dead |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |