Carmat artificial heart patient in good condition-hospital
PARIS Dec 30 (Reuters) - Carmat's first artificial heart patient is in a "very satisfactory condition" 12 days after being fitted with the device, the French hospital treating him said on Monday.
"The artificial heart is functioning normally, automatically catering to the body's needs without any manual adjustment necessary," Professors Alain Carpentier and Christian Latremouille said in a statement issued by the hospital.
The hospital will give another update in one week, it added. (Reporting by Natalie Huet; Editing by James Regan)
- Australia leads southern search for missing Malaysian plane |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- France bans Monsanto GM maize ahead of sowing season
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Shares hit as Crimea vote to spur sanctions against Moscow |