Congolese army regains control of state TV, airport - govt spokesman
KINSHASA Dec 30 (Reuters) - Congolese government troops have regained control of the state television headquarters, army headquarters and the international airport in the capital Kinshasa after an attack by some 70 gunmen, government spokesman Lambert Mende said.
"We have total control of the situation," he told Reuters, adding that 40 of the attackers had been killed by the security forces. (Reporting by Bienvenu Bukumanya; Writing by Daniel Flynn; editing by Patrick Graham)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Lost Malaysian airliner may have run out of fuel over Indian Ocean : source |
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data