Market Chatter- Corporate finance press digest
Dec 30 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media:
* The head of the main investor in Italy's Monte dei Paschi di Siena told an Italian daily she hoped the bank's top executives would stay on despite a shareholder vote that sank their plan to launch a cash call next month.
* The British government could sell off all of its 18.4 billion pound ($30.35 billion) stake in the Lloyds Banking Group in 2014, the Daily Telegraph reported, citing unnamed sources.
* Bega Cheese Ltd is in talks with "non-Australian" investors on a possible sale of its stake in Australia's oldest dairy firm, a source familiar with the situation said, adding a new twist to one of the country's most contested takeover battles in years.
For the Morning News Call-EMEA newsletter click on
- Six people injured when camera catches fire at 30 Rockefeller Plaza
- Israel holds off on escalating Gaza barrage; West wants truce |
- Russia warns Ukraine after shell crosses border |
- 'Excessive' rubbing of engine blades caused F-35 failure: Pentagon
- Exclusive: YouTube weighs funding efforts to boost premium content - sources