Market Chatter- Corporate finance press digest
Dec 30 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media:
* The head of the main investor in Italy's Monte dei Paschi di Siena told an Italian daily she hoped the bank's top executives would stay on despite a shareholder vote that sank their plan to launch a cash call next month.
* The British government could sell off all of its 18.4 billion pound ($30.35 billion) stake in the Lloyds Banking Group in 2014, the Daily Telegraph reported, citing unnamed sources.
* Bega Cheese Ltd is in talks with "non-Australian" investors on a possible sale of its stake in Australia's oldest dairy firm, a source familiar with the situation said, adding a new twist to one of the country's most contested takeover battles in years.
For the Morning News Call-EMEA newsletter click on
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Wall Street drops, S&P on track for worst day since April
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |