UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Dec. 30
LONDON Dec 30 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening 2 points lower, or flat in percentage terms, on Monday according to financial bookmakers.
* The UK blue chip index closed up by 0.9 percent, or 56.70 points, at 6,750.87 points on Friday.
* Copper edged lower on Monday as the market took a breather after hitting its highest since mid-August in the previous session, fuelled by signs of global economic recovery and hopes of improving Chinese demand.
* Brent oil held steady above $112 per barrel on Monday, supported by continued unrest in oil-producing African nations.
* LLOYDS : The British government could sell off all of its 18.4 billion pound ($30.35 billion) stake in Lloyds in 2014, the Daily Telegraph reported, citing unnamed sources.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
MAX PETROLEUM H1
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for: * 3000 Xtra : visit* BridgeStation: view story .134 For more information on Top News visit
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data