UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Dec. 30
LONDON Dec 30 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening flat on Monday according to financial bookmakers, with futures steady ahead of the cash market open.
* The UK blue chip index closed up by 0.9 percent, or 56.70 points, at 6,750.87 points on Friday.
* Copper edged lower on Monday as the market took a breather after hitting its highest since mid-August in the previous session, fuelled by signs of global economic recovery and hopes of improving Chinese demand.
* Brent oil held steady above $112 per barrel on Monday, supported by continued unrest in oil-producing African nations.
* LLOYDS : The British government could sell off all of its 18.4 billion pound ($30.35 billion) stake in Lloyds in 2014, the Daily Telegraph reported, citing unnamed sources.
* MAX PETROLEUM : The oil company announced successful drilling results at the Sagiz West appraisal well.
* FAROE PETROLEUM : The oil company announced the spudding of its Butch East exploration well.
* CAPITAL & REGIONAL : The property group said it had increased its stake in The Mall Shopping Centre Fund.
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for: * 3000 Xtra : visit* BridgeStation: view story .134 For more information on Top News visit
- Malaysian plane still missing; questions over false IDs |
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media