KKR reports stake in chipmaker Marvell
Dec 30 (Reuters) - Private equity firm KKR & Co LLP has reported a 6.8 percent stake in chipmaker Marvell Technology Group Ltd, according to a regulatory filing.
Marvell's shares rose about 5 percent in extended trading after closing at $13.76 on the Nasdaq on Monday.
KKR also said the firm may engage in discussions with the board and the company's management that may include a merger or reorganization of the business.
Marvell, which sells chips to flash drive and mobile and wireless device makers, in November forecast fourth-quarter revenue above analysts' estimates.
About 47 percent of Marvell's revenue last year came from storage customers such as Western Digital Corp and Seagate Technology, for whom it makes chips used for reading and writing data on hard-disk and flash drives.
- Restraint marks Ferguson, Missouri protests for third straight night |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- Trucks from aid convoy to Ukraine start crossing back into Russia |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist