Low interest rates cannot continue for ever: German FinMin
BERLIN (Reuters) - German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble told a newspaper on Monday that low interest rate policies adopted by central banks around the world could not continue for ever.
Schaeuble told Bild daily that expansive monetary policy around the world caused problems for long-term investments.
"That cannot, of course, carry on for ever," he told Tuesday's edition of the paper, according to extracts of an article released in advance.
(Reporting by Madeline Chambers)
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote on union with Russia as Moscow pours in troops |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane