UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Dec. 31
LONDON Dec 31 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening 3 points lower on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers, in a shortened session of trade before the New Year's break, with the index on course to record its best year since 2009.
* The UK blue chip index closed down 19.60 points, or 0.3 percent, at 6,731.27 points on Monday, pausing after six straight sessions of gains - its longest winning streak since October, which saw it rise around 4 percent since Dec. 18. The London bourse will close at 1230 GMT on Tuesday.
* The FTSE 100 has notched gains of around 14 percent in 2013, a year which has seen the index scale 13-year highs, some 2 percent above current levels.
* Experian will trade without the attraction of its latest dividend on Tuesday, taking 0.27 points off the index.
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for: * 3000 Xtra : visit* BridgeStation: view story .134 For more information on Top News visit
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions