UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Dec. 31
LONDON Dec 31 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening 3 points lower on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers, in a shortened session of trade before the New Year's break, with the index on course to record its best year since 2009.
* The UK blue chip index closed down 19.60 points, or 0.3 percent, at 6,731.27 points on Monday, pausing after six straight sessions of gains - its longest winning streak since October, which saw it rise around 4 percent since Dec. 18. The London bourse will close at 1230 GMT on Tuesday.
* The FTSE 100 has notched gains of around 14 percent in 2013, a year which has seen the index scale 13-year highs, some 2 percent above current levels.
* Experian will trade without the attraction of its latest dividend on Tuesday, taking 0.27 points off the index.
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for: * 3000 Xtra : visit* BridgeStation: view story .134 For more information on Top News visit
- Lost passenger jet was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data