CANADA STOCKS-TSX opens higher, set for 9 pct gain in 2013
TORONTO, Dec 31 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened higher on Tuesday, boosted by gains among a broad swath of companies including banks, railways and energy companies as investors look optimistically ahead to 2014. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 9.75 points, or 0.07 percent, at 13,591.14 shortly after the open. It is on track for a gain of more than 9 percent for 2013.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data