Nigeria's main stock index ends year 47 pct up -traders
LAGOS Dec 31 (Reuters) - The Nigeria Stock Exchange index , the country's main index, ended the year 47 percent up on the close of last year, rising 2 percent on the day to 41,329 points, traders said on Tuesday.
The principal drivers were cement manufacturer Dangote Cement, up 3.9 percent to close at 218.99 naira, and food and beverages maker Nestle, up 2.12 percent to 1,200 naira a share, they said. (Reporting by Mayowa Oludare; Writing by Tim Cocks; Editing by Anthony Barker)
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife-edge |
- Islamic State shows captive British journalist in new video
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- New evacuations ordered as California wildfire doubles in size |
- Chinese hacked U.S. military contractors: Senate panel