Citigroup paid $250 mln to resolve U.S. mortgage suit
WASHINGTON Jan 2 (Reuters) - Citigroup Inc. paid $250 million to taxpayer-owned Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to settle a lawsuit over soured mortgage securities, the regulator of the two housing finance firms said on Thursday.
General Electric Co. also paid $6.25 million to settle a similar suit, the Federal Housing Finance Agency said in a press release. Both Citi and GE previously settled the claims in 2013, but neither had disclosed the terms.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand