Citigroup paid $250 mln to resolve U.S. mortgage suit
WASHINGTON Jan 2 (Reuters) - Citigroup Inc. paid $250 million to taxpayer-owned Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to settle a lawsuit over soured mortgage securities, the regulator of the two housing finance firms said on Thursday.
General Electric Co. also paid $6.25 million to settle a similar suit, the Federal Housing Finance Agency said in a press release. Both Citi and GE previously settled the claims in 2013, but neither had disclosed the terms.
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Gaza toll nears 100, militants threaten Israeli airport |
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- A game of two popes: Vatican plays down talk of World Cup rivalry
- Haskell collapses in Texas court as details of murder read