Icahn has built up Hertz stake -CNBC
NEW YORK Jan 3 (Reuters) - Billionaire investor Carl Icahn has acquired between 30 and 40 million shares in Hertz Global Holdings Inc and his stake-building was the reason the car rental company bolstered its takeover defenses, CNBC reported Friday, citing unidentified sources.
The business TV broadcaster also said part of Icahn's stake took the form of derivatives rather than common shares.
Shares in Hertz, which on Monday said it had adopted a "shareholder rights" plan after observing "unusual and substantial activity" in its shares, were up 1.7 percent.
Icahn was not immediately available to comment.
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Search resumes after Everest's worst climbing tragedy
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official