Icahn has built up Hertz stake -CNBC
NEW YORK Jan 3 (Reuters) - Billionaire investor Carl Icahn has acquired between 30 and 40 million shares in Hertz Global Holdings Inc and his stake-building was the reason the car rental company bolstered its takeover defenses, CNBC reported Friday, citing unidentified sources.
The business TV broadcaster also said part of Icahn's stake took the form of derivatives rather than common shares.
Shares in Hertz, which on Monday said it had adopted a "shareholder rights" plan after observing "unusual and substantial activity" in its shares, were up 1.7 percent.
Icahn was not immediately available to comment.
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data