Market Chatter- Corporate finance press digest
Jan 3 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media:
* British department stores group House of Fraser expects to be listed by the end of the year even as it remains in exclusive talks regarding a potential takeover by its French counterpart Galeries Lafayette, the Times of London reported the CEO of the department store chain as saying.
* A group of Taiwanese companies have applied to the Investment Commission for approval to set up a joint venture with China's Sinopec Group to build a petrochemical complex on the mainland, a local newspaper reported on Friday.
*JPMorgan Chase & Co., which has been told by U.S. regulators to bolster money-laundering safeguards, has stopped clearing dollar transfers for Latvian lenders, according to the Baltic nation's banking association. ()
For the Morning News Call-EMEA newsletter click on
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details