UPDATE 1-Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
Jan 3 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media:
* British department stores group House of Fraser expects to be listed by the end of the year even as it remains in exclusive talks regarding a potential takeover by its French counterpart Galeries Lafayette, the Times of London reported the CEO of the department store chain as saying.
* A group of Taiwanese companies have applied to the Investment Commission for approval to set up a joint venture with China's Sinopec Group to build a petrochemical complex on the mainland, a local newspaper reported on Friday.
* Spain is close to selling its 50.25 percent stake in Cesce, Europe's fourth-biggest credit insurer, in a deal that values the company at 400 million euros ($551 million), three bankers with knowledge of the deal said.
* JPMorgan Chase & Co., which has been told by U.S. regulators to bolster money-laundering safeguards, has stopped clearing dollar transfers for Latvian lenders, according to the new euro zone member's banking association. ()
* Vodafone is in early talks with the Tata Group to buy its controlling stake in Tata Teleservices to create India's largest telco by subscribers, the Economic Times reported, citing a person aware of the development. ()
* Carmaker Fiat-Chrysler is aiming to list in New York within the year, after Fiat agreed to buy a 41.5 percent stake in the Italian car manufacturer. The completion of the deal will be followed by a shake up of the merged group's corporate structure in line with its global footprint, Financial Times reported, citing banking sources said. ()
* Singapore-listed Keppel Telecommunications & Transportation Ltd is looking raise more than 500 million Singapore dollars ($394.65 million) from an initial public offering of its local and overseas data center businesses, people with knowledge of the deal told the Wall Street Journal on Friday. ()
For the Morning News Call-EMEA newsletter click on
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Israeli strikes kill more Palestinians; rocket causes huge blaze in Israel |
- Four servicemen, five miners killed in eastern Ukraine |
- Obama tells Israel U.S. ready to help end hostilities
- Man charged with killing six members of same Texas family |