UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Friday, Jan 3
LONDON Jan 3 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 8 points, or 0.1 percent higher, on Friday, according to financial bookmakers.
* The UK blue chip index closed 31.18 points lower on Thursday at 6,717.91, as miners were hit by disappointing Chinese factory data.
* Signs of soft Chinese demand saw London copper slide around half a percent on Friday, easing from a seven-month top as expectations of higher supplies and concerns over Chinese growth weighed on the market.
* HOUSE OF FRASER - The British department stores group expects to be listed by the end of the year even as it remains in exclusive talks regarding a potential takeover by its French counterpart Galeries Lafayette , the Times of London reported the chief executive officer of the department store chain as saying.
* BP - U.S.-listed Kosmos Energy announced it has entered into a rig share agreement with BP and AP Moller Maersk for drilling operations in Morocco.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
CALEDONIA INVESTMENTS PLC Q3 TRADE
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for: * 3000 Xtra : visit* BridgeStation: view story .134 For more information on Top News visit
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- CIA accused of spying on U.S. Senate intelligence committee