US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St ends nearly flat after Fed comments
NEW YORK Jan 3 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks ended a volatile session mostly flat on Friday as investors digested comments from Federal Reserve officials that raised questions about how quickly the central bank will end its stimulus program.
Based on the latest available data, the Dow Jones industrial average rose 28.64 points or 0.17 percent, to 16,469.99, the S&P 500 lost 0.62 points or 0.03 percent, to 1,831.36 and the Nasdaq Composite dropped 11.163 points or 0.27 percent, to 4,131.906.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data