US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St ends nearly flat after Fed comments
NEW YORK Jan 3 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks ended a volatile session mostly flat on Friday as investors digested comments from Federal Reserve officials that raised questions about how quickly the central bank will end its stimulus program.
Based on the latest available data, the Dow Jones industrial average rose 28.64 points or 0.17 percent, to 16,469.99, the S&P 500 lost 0.62 points or 0.03 percent, to 1,831.36 and the Nasdaq Composite dropped 11.163 points or 0.27 percent, to 4,131.906.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Attack on parliament, killing of soldier stun Canada's capital |
- A Minute With: Shailene Woodley on teen sex, violence and Marvel