Icahn has built up Hertz stake: CNBC
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Billionaire investor Carl Icahn has acquired between 30 and 40 million shares in Hertz Global Holdings Inc (HTZ.N) and his stake-building was the reason the car rental company bolstered its takeover defenses, CNBC reported Friday, citing unidentified sources.
The business TV broadcaster also said part of Icahn's stake took the form of derivatives rather than common shares.
Shares in Hertz, which on Monday said it had adopted a "shareholder rights" plan after observing "unusual and substantial activity" in its shares, were up 1.7 percent.
Icahn was not immediately available to comment.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients