Amazon's Bezos rescued by Ecuador Navy due to kidney stone -report
CHICAGO Jan 4 (Reuters) - Amazon.com founder Jeff Bezos was airlifted from a cruise ship by the Ecuadorian Navy after suffering a kidney stone attack on Jan. 1, according to the website Galapagos Digital.
The website, citing Ecuadorian newspapers and blogs such as El Universo and El Comercio, said Bezos was flown by helicopter to his private jet on Baltra Island.
Representatives for Amazon and the Ecuadorian Navy did not respond to requests for comment.
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Special Report: Tsunami evacuees caught in $30 billion Japan money trap
- Inspiration for Harry Potter nemesis Umbridge revealed on website