Amazon's Bezos rescued by Ecuador Navy due to kidney stone: report
CHICAGO (Reuters) - Amazon.com (AMZN.O) founder Jeff Bezos was airlifted from a cruise ship by the Ecuadorian Navy after suffering a kidney stone attack on January 1, according to the website Galapagos Digital.
The website, citing Ecuadorian newspapers and blogs such as El Universo and El Comercio, said Bezos was flown by helicopter to his private jet on Baltra Island.
Representatives for Amazon and the Ecuadorian Navy did not respond to requests for comment.
- Gaza toll passes 100; Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- Texas mass murder suspect collapses in court as crime recounted
- British 'Harry Potter' actor David Legeno found dead in U.S. park