Earthquake of 5.9 magnitude hits off coast of Chile -USGS
(Reuters) - A shallow earthquake of 5.9 magnitude struck off the coast of Chile on Friday, the U.S. Geological Survey reported. There were no immediate reports of damage.
The quake's epicenter was located 71km (44 miles) southwest of Iquique, Chile, at a depth of 7.3 km (4.6 miles).
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Russia media say Crimea votes 93 percent to quit Ukraine |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat