PHILIPPINES PRESS-First Pacific hikes capex on Philippine units by 8 pct - BusinessWorld
Hong Kong-listed conglomerate First Pacific Co Ltd plans to spend at least 79 billion pesos ($1.8 billion) on its Philippine units, 8 percent higher than last year's spending programme, BusinessWorld newspaper reported.
First Pacific owns controlling stakes in Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co, Metro Pacific Investments Corp , and Philex Mining Corp.
NOTE: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy. (Compiled by Manila Newsroom; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Ukraine accuses Russia of "undisguised aggression" as rebels advance |
- Disruptive Hong Kong protests loom after China rules out democracy |
- Syrian army, rebels fight on Golan where peacekeepers held |
- NATO to create new 'spearhead' force to respond to crises
- Investors look past Ukraine, focus on ECB