Bank of America Merrill Lynch shuts European power, gas desk
LONDON Jan 7 (Reuters) - Bank of America Merrill Lynch has closed its European power and gas desk following low demand for power and gas hedging and regulatory changes, a company spokesperson said on Tuesday.
"The bank will continue to trade coal, commodity indices, oil, metals and US power & gas from its Houston, London, New York and Singapore offices," the spokesperson said.
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine; China seizes ship
- South Korea president says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Australia sees 'regroup' on Malaysian plane search in a few days |
- At Mt. Gox bitcoin hub, 'geek' CEO sought both control and escape