REFILE-Thai PTTEP says reviewing oil sands project in Canada
BANGKOK Jan 7 (Reuters) - Thailand's top oil and gas explorer, PTT Exploration and Production Pcl (PTTEP) said on Tuesday it is reviewing its investment in the KKD oil sands project in Canada due to higher costs.
Chief Executive Tevin Vongvanich told reporters he expected to make a conclusion about the loss-making project this year.
PTTEP also expects to conclude a deal to buy stakes in Hess Corp's assets in Thailand in the first quarter of 2014 Tevin said.
The company recently joined with Indonesia's Pertamina to buy Hess Corp's stake in two Indonesian offshore oil fields for $1.3 billion.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote on union with Russia as troops build up rapidly |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane