Turkish banks' Jan-Nov net profit up 6.8 pct - watchdog
ISTANBUL Jan 7 (Reuters) - The Turkish banking sector's net profit rose 6.8 percent year-on-year to 23.3 billion lira ($10.73 billion) in the first eleven months of the year, the banking watchdog BDDK said on Tuesday.
The sector's loans rose 30.4 percent from the end of last year to 1 trillion lira at the end of November, watchdog data showed. ($1 = 2.1716 Turkish liras) (Reporting by Seda Sezer, editing by Dasha Afanasieva)
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media |
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- Ukraine warns Europe of Russian gas cut-off, Moscow denies