Turkish banks' Jan-Nov net profit up 6.8 pct - watchdog
ISTANBUL Jan 7 (Reuters) - The Turkish banking sector's net profit rose 6.8 percent year-on-year to 23.3 billion lira ($10.73 billion) in the first eleven months of the year, the banking watchdog BDDK said on Tuesday.
The sector's loans rose 30.4 percent from the end of last year to 1 trillion lira at the end of November, watchdog data showed. ($1 = 2.1716 Turkish liras) (Reporting by Seda Sezer, editing by Dasha Afanasieva)
- Malaysia jet sent 'pings' after going missing, sources say |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Rescuers search site of NY building collapse; seven dead |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |