Bank of America Merrill Lynch shuts European power, gas desk
LONDON (Reuters) - Bank of America Merrill Lynch has closed its European power and gas desk following low demand for power and gas hedging and regulatory changes, a company spokesperson said on Tuesday.
"The bank will continue to trade coal, commodity indices, oil, metals and US power & gas from its Houston, London, New York and Singapore offices," the spokesperson said.
(Reporting by Karolin Schaps; editing by Keiron Henderson)
- Israel rejects ceasefire plan, source says, as death toll nears 850 |
- Obama tells Central American leaders most children will go home
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Bad weather seen as probable cause of Air Algerie crash
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |