Constellation Brands profit nearly doubles as beer sales rise
Jan 8 (Reuters) - Constellation Brands Inc's quarterly profit nearly doubled, helped by strong sales of beer, including the brands it bought from Groupo Modelo's U.S beer business.
The world's biggest branded wine maker said revenue jumped 88 percent to $1.44 billion for the third quarter.
The company's profit rose to $211 million, or $1.07 per share, in the quarter from $109.5 million, or 58 cents per share, a year earlier. (Reporting by Devika Krishna Kumar; Editing by Kirti Pandey)
- Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning |
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Russia threatens Ukraine after shell crosses border
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- UPDATE 2-Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning