Schaeuble says must ensure high liquidity does not create bubbles
BERLIN Jan 8 (Reuters) - German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble said on Wednesday that high liquidity levels must be monitored closely to ensure they were not creating new asset bubbles.
"We must keep a watch on liquidity levels to ensure new bubbles aren't being created," Schaeuble said at a news conference with visiting U.S. Treasury Secretary Jack Lew.
Schaeuble added that it was not up to politicians to tell central banks how to do their jobs.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data