Hess to spin off gas station business
Jan 8 (Reuters) - Oil and gas company Hess Corp said it would spin off its gas station business, adding to the list of assets being sold after a campaign by activist investor Elliott Management.
Hess said it had received a ruling from the Internal Revenue Service that would allow it to distribute its retail business to shareholders in a tax-free spinoff.
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |
- Four beheaded corpses found in Egypt's Sinai: security sources
- Father of Texas 'affluenza' teen arrested for impersonating police officer
- U.S. attorney general visits racially charged St. Louis suburb