Hess to spin off gas station business
Jan 8 (Reuters) - Oil and gas company Hess Corp said it would spin off its gas station business, adding to the list of assets being sold after a campaign by activist investor Elliott Management.
Hess said it had received a ruling from the Internal Revenue Service that would allow it to distribute its retail business to shareholders in a tax-free spinoff.
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions