Hess to spin off gas station business
Jan 8 (Reuters) - Oil and gas company Hess Corp said it would spin off its gas station business, adding to the list of assets being sold after a campaign by activist investor Elliott Management.
Hess said it had received a ruling from the Internal Revenue Service that would allow it to distribute its retail business to shareholders in a tax-free spinoff.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane-sources |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics
- Russia ships troops into Ukraine, repeats invasion threat |