Hitachi names new president, Nakanishi to become CEO
TOKYO Jan 8 (Reuters) - Hitachi Ltd said on Wednesday President Hiroaki Nakanishi will become chief executive officer and chairman as of April 1.
Senior Vice President Toshiaki Higashihara will replace Nakanishi as president, Hitachi said.
Higashihara will also hold the title of chief operating officer, Hitachi said in a statement. Chairman Takashi Kawamura will step down on March 31.
The three executives will hold a news conference in Tokyo at 5 p.m. (0800 GMT).
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp |
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dead at 82 |
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief