Hitachi names new president, Nakanishi to become CEO
TOKYO Jan 8 (Reuters) - Hitachi Ltd said on Wednesday President Hiroaki Nakanishi will become chief executive officer and chairman as of April 1.
Senior Vice President Toshiaki Higashihara will replace Nakanishi as president, Hitachi said.
Higashihara will also hold the title of chief operating officer, Hitachi said in a statement. Chairman Takashi Kawamura will step down on March 31.
The three executives will hold a news conference in Tokyo at 5 p.m. (0800 GMT).
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down over rebel-held territory
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand