Spain's Bankia plans 5-year senior unsecured euro bond
LONDON, Jan 8 (IFR) - Bailed-out Spanish bank Bankia has hired banks for a five-year euro-denominated senior unsecured bond in benchmark size.
Bankia, BAML, Commerzbank, Natixis and UBS have been mandated on the deal.
In 2013, Bankia posted the biggest loss in Spanish corporate history, taking nearly EUR24bn of provisions on property loans in an attempt to wipe the slate clean.
(Reporting by Owen Sanderson, editing by Alex Chambers)
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid in cabin wall, suitcases of cash at hand