JC Penney maintains fourth-quarter forecast
Jan 8 (Reuters) - Department store chain J.C. Penney Co Inc maintained its forecast for the fourth quarter after what it described as a pleasing performance over the holiday period.
However, the retailer's shares fell 7 percent to $7.64 in trading before the bell.
The company said in November it expected comparable store sales to improve in the fourth quarter compared with the a year earlier. (Reporting by Sagarika Jaisinghani in Bangalore; Editing by Savio D'Souza)
- South Korea investigates capsized ferry crew, stowage as rescue hampered |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- Retailer Michaels Stores confirms payment card data breach
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official
- Nobel winner Garcia Marquez, master of magical realism, dies at 87 |