JC Penney maintains fourth-quarter forecast
Jan 8 (Reuters) - Department store chain J.C. Penney Co Inc maintained its forecast for the fourth quarter after what it described as a pleasing performance over the holiday period.
However, the retailer's shares fell 7 percent to $7.64 in trading before the bell.
The company said in November it expected comparable store sales to improve in the fourth quarter compared with the a year earlier. (Reporting by Sagarika Jaisinghani in Bangalore; Editing by Savio D'Souza)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, nationalist leader resigns |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Alibaba surges on massive demand in trading debut |
- Special Report: Scotland stays in UK, but Britain faces change