CANADA STOCKS-TSX opens higher on U.S. jobs data, Valeant
TORONTO, Jan 8 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened higher on Wednesday, supported by bullish jobs data from the United States and a jump in shares of Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 13.20 points, or 0.10 percent, at 13,610.13 shortly after the open.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |