TREASURIES-U.S. bonds' price fall deepens after Fed minutes
NEW YORK Jan 8 (Reuters) - U.S. Treasuries prices extended their losses on Wednesday afternoon after the Federal Reserve released the minutes of its Dec 17-18 policy meeting, at which policy-makers decided to pare the central bank's massive bond purchase stimulus due to an improving economy.
Benchmark 10-year Treasury notes last traded 18/32 lower in price to yield 3.002 percent. Prior to the release of the minutes, they were down 15/32 with a yield of 2.993 percent.
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Malaysia probes passenger backgrounds for clues on missing flight |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- N.Korea using sophisticated means to avoid U.N. sanctions - U.N. report
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets