US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-S&P 500 ends flat after Fed minutes
NEW YORK Jan 8 (Reuters) - The S&P 500 ended nearly flat on Wednesday as equity indexes had a muted reaction to the minutes from the U.S. Federal Reserve's most recent meeting, while Micron's strong results helped boost the Nasdaq.
Based on the latest available data, the Dow Jones industrial average fell 68.20 points or 0.41 percent, to end unofficially at 16,462.74. The S&P 500 dipped 0.38 of a point, or 0.02 percent, to finish unofficially at 1,837.49. The Nasdaq Composite added 12.43 points or 0.30 percent, to close unofficially at 4,165.611.
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean: U.S. |
- Tire blows out on passenger jet taking off at Philadelphia airport
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg phoned Obama to complain about spying