France's Lactalis buys India's Tirumala Milk Products
MUMBAI Jan 8 (Reuters) - French dairy group Groupe Lactalis SA has acquired a 100 percent stake in India's Tirumala Milk Products Pvt Ltd, in which private equity firm Carlyle Group held a 20 percent stake, the companies said on Wednesday.
The financial details of the deal were not disclosed but sources with direct knowledge told Reuters on Tuesday that the value of the transaction is between $250 million and $300 million.
Barclays was financial adviser to Tirumala, while Rothschild was financial adviser to Lactalis.
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Special Report: Tsunami evacuees caught in $30 billion Japan money trap
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows