Hitachi names new president, Nakanishi to become CEO
TOKYO (Reuters) - Hitachi Ltd said on Wednesday President Hiroaki Nakanishi will become chief executive officer and chairman as of April 1.
Senior Vice President Toshiaki Higashihara will replace Nakanishi as president, Hitachi said.
Higashihara will also hold the title of chief operating officer, Hitachi said in a statement. Chairman Takashi Kawamura will step down on March 31.
The three executives will hold a news conference in Tokyo at 5 p.m. (0800 GMT).
(Reporting by Maki Shiraki; Writing by Chang-Ran Kim; Editing by Shinichi Saoshiro)
- Obama critic D'Souza spared prison for violating election law
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- Fired UPS worker kills two supervisors, self, in Alabama shooting
- Israel downs Syrian warplane it says violated its Golan airspace
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York