China's Qihoo 360 denies Alibaba to take stake in company
BEIJING Jan 9 (Reuters) - Chinese Internet company Qihoo 360 Technology Co Ltd denied on Thursday that Alibaba Group Holding Ltd would take a stake in the company.
"These are rumours someone has made up," said Qu Xiaodong, vice-chairman of Qihoo, which has a market capitalisation of $10.93 billion. Qihoo's shares had risen 9.3 percent on Wednesday on speculation the two were in talks on a deal.
Alibaba said it does not comment on rumours or speculation.
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp |
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dead at 82 |
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief