China's Qihoo 360 denies Alibaba to take stake in company
BEIJING Jan 9 (Reuters) - Chinese Internet company Qihoo 360 Technology Co Ltd denied on Thursday that Alibaba Group Holding Ltd would take a stake in the company.
"These are rumours someone has made up," said Qu Xiaodong, vice-chairman of Qihoo, which has a market capitalisation of $10.93 billion. Qihoo's shares had risen 9.3 percent on Wednesday on speculation the two were in talks on a deal.
Alibaba said it does not comment on rumours or speculation.
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- California passes plastic bag ban, would be first such law in U.S
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic